Awarded the Marconi Prize in 1981
"Cited for imaginative use of advanced microcomputer technology to aid the cognitive and affective intellectual development of children"
Presented by: His Excellency Saraiva Guerreiro, Minister of Foreign Affairs, acting on behalf of the President of Brazil, at Itamarati Palace, Brasilia
Seymour Papert is one of the early pioneers of Artificial Intelligence. He is an international leader in the use of computers and mathematics to understand and aid the learning and thinking processes of children. While at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, he co-founded the Artificial Intelligence Laboratory.
- Home Page
- Media MIT Biography
- Online articles
- THE CHILDREN'S MACHINE Rethinking School in the Age of the Computer by Seymour Papert, 1993 Basic Books, New York
- The Connected Family By Seymour Papert
- SCHOOL'S OUT? A Conversation With Seymour Papert
- Vision for Education: The Caperton-Papert Platform By Seymour Papert and Gaston Caperton
- Seymour Papert Links
- Papert Links Books by Seymour Papert available at The MIT Press Bookstore
- Seymour Papert: Computers, Kids & Powerful Ideas
- America's Formost Expert on Children & Computer, Valdosta State University