Nominations for 2014 Marconi Prize
The Marconi Society invites nominations for the Marconi Prize of individuals worldwide who have made pioneering contributions to communications technology that have benefited humanity, thus perpetuating the spirit and work of Guglielmo Marconi. The Marconi Society welcomes nominations from learned societies and academies of all countries, as well as from individuals in universities, industry and public life.
The Marconi Society's Selection Advisory Committee evaluates all nominations and makes its recommendations to the Marconi Society Board of Directors, which has responsibility for the final selection of the Marconi Prize recipient. In forming its recommendations, the Selection Advisory Committee considers the scientific importance and the practical impact of the nominee's work, the nominee's entrepreneurship, humanitarianism and personal integrity, as well as the nominee's potential to contribute to the activities of the Marconi Society.
Nominations for the Marconi Prize shall include:
- A nomination letter of no more than three pages which provides the reasons for the nomination and explains the nominee's significant contribution to communications technology as well as its benefit to humanity.
- The nominee's curriculum vitae, including current address and contact information for the nominee.
- The nominee's publication list (including patents) together with copies of at most two of his/her major publications.
- A list of awards and honors received by the nominee.
- Three letters of support from recognized individuals who have substantial knowledge of the work of the nominee.
Deadline for Submissions
All nomination materials should be emailed to the Marconi Society office. The original letters of support should also be sent via post to the address below. Nominations may be submitted at any time but must be received by the deadline of June 30 to be considered for the award to be given out in the following year. (Ex. A nomination received by June 30, 2013 would be considered for the Prize to be awarded in the fall of 2014.). An unsuccessful candidate for the Prize may be considered for the Prize in the following years.
Nominations and Inquiries should be sent to:
The Marconi Society
P.O. Box 777
Mountain View, CA 94042-0777
For questions, or more information, please contact Shannon Greene at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 650.207.8897